250g butter or brick margarine
250ml (1 cup) Castor Sugar
2.5ml (½ teaspoon) vanilla essence
500ml (2 cups) cake flour
1. Cream butter and add castor sugar gradually, beating continuously.
2. Beat egg and vanilla essence together and then add to the butter mixture, and beat further.
3. Sift the flour 3 times and add to the butter mixture. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add as many choc chips as you would like to. Mix in.
5. Shape into biscuits and place on a greased baking tray. Bake at 200ºC for 8 – 12 minutes, until golden brown.