I have one food love… Falafel Scharmas from Anat. I absolutely adore them. I love the sauces, the filling, the garnish, the pitta… the works! One of the best fillings on the schwarma is the roast brinjals/aubergine.
I had to experiment to figure out how to make them. But here is my basic recipe…
* Slice a whole aubergine into thin slices, skin and all.
* Sprinkle slices with salt, and leave overnight. This causes the moisture to come out, and ensures that the bitter taste is also gone.
* Heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
* Arrange the slices on a baking tray that has been greased with olive oil.
* Sprinkle the top with olive oil.
* Place tray in oven for a few minutes, till the aubergine is browning and looking nice and roasty.
* You can eat them just like that, or on a yummy sandwich with chicken, or make your own schwarma. They are really good with hummus and tzatziki.
Enjoy the yumminess 🙂
(I just found a divine looking recipe that I’m gonna try – will let you know how it turns out when I do it)