I have been AWOL for too long I know, I am sorry… Will be more active now that I am on leave and have things to show you guys. I have made some rocking cute things for Christmas this year, not sure where to start showing you! I’ll start with the nom nom trees I am busy making.
4 1/2 cups of flour
2 cups of sugar
3/4 cup of golden syrup
1 1/2 tbsp ginger powder
250g butter or margarine
1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
* Mix sugar and butter till creamy.
* Add syrup and mix.
* Add egg and bicarb and all the dry ingredients.
* Mix till its a nice cookie dough.
* Roll out and use different sized star shaped cookie cutters to cut out, and use a straw to make holes in the centre of each cookie.
* Bake on greased tray at 180 degrees celsius for 10 to 12 minutes till golden brown.
* Use a lemon icing to decorate, and pile on top of each other on a kebab stick, and tada! You have a Gingerbread tree!
(image from The Mad Baker coz I haven’t taken good pics of mine yet)